Although we cannot meet for what looks like a least a few more weeks due to COVID-19, we are excited to have in-home worship services available to you on Sunday mornings. We highly encourage you to go to the website vccburlington.org on Sunday mornings and scroll down just a little bit until you see the words "Worship With Us" and what you will find there is an order of service similar to what we have been going through together on Sunday mornings. This will be ready for you early Sunday morning.
This is what you will see (we encourage you to go through this in its order):
- An opening prayer to reflect on and pray through.
- You will then see three links to songs to hear and sing along with.
- Next, you will see a Scripture reading from the Old Testament since the sermon text is in the new.
- Following that text of Scripture, you will see two more links to songs to hear and sing along with.
- After that will be the sermon player. Click on the button that looks like a "play" button to hear the sermon from the book of Colossians.
- After you listen to the message you will see one more link to a song to hear and sing along with.
- And finally, you will see the benediction to read and be encouraged by.
Our hope is that we can all continue looking to the Lord seeking to be fed by His Word together even if we cannot come together physically. This is also one of the ways that we can stay connected. Coming together for corporate worship may be the most beautiful aspect of what it means to be the church. In the book of Acts, the author Luke desired to show us the beauty of the early church by making every effort to tell his readers that the people of the early church were coming together daily for worship and fellowship (Acts 2:44-47). Since we cannot come together to do this on Sunday mornings for now, worshiping this way in our homes on Sunday mornings is one way that we can continue to worship together as Valley Community Church.
"See" you Sunday!
"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6
The Pastors of VCC
(feel free to comment)